domingo, 6 de noviembre de 2011

"Remember, remember the 5th of November"

In Great Britain November 5th is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks in remembrance of the failed Gunpowder Plot (1605), planned by a group of conspirators. Guy Fawkes was one of them. They tried to blow  up the Parliament, murder King James I and restore a Catholic monarchy, but their plan was discovered.
Here you have an extract of the film "V for Vendetta",whose main character is based on Guy Fawkes.

In the following link you can also read and listen to an extract about Guy Fawkes and the Bonfire Night.


Hope you enjoy!

Laura

2 comentarios:

  1. hello everyone I'm Amancio and I've just watched the extract of the film "V for Vendetta" and that is very interesting. I think it can help us to improve our english. I recommended to every people this video.

    ResponderEliminar